Steynt Koseart

Female 1735 -


Personal Information    |    Notes    |    All    |    PDF

  • Name Steynt Koseart 
    Christened 13 Jul 1735  First Reformed Church of Raritan, Somerville, Somerset, New Jersey, United States Find all individuals with events at this location 
    Gender Female 
    Person ID I2841  Petersen-de Lanskoy
    Last Modified 17 Dec 2013 

    Father David Cosaar,   c. 23 Apr 1704, Reformed Dutch Church of New Amsterdam, New York City, New York, New York, United States. Find all individuals with events at this location 
    Mother Cataleyntye,   b. From 1706 to 1711, of, , New Jersey, United States Find all individuals with events at this location 
    Married Abt 1734  of Somerville, Somerset, New Jersey, United States Find all individuals with events at this location 
    Family ID F1126  Group Sheet  |  Family Chart

  • Notes 
    • RESEARCH_NOTES:
      1. Variants on first name include Styvlie, Styntie, Steynt, and Christina. Variants on surname include Cosart, Cossart, Coessert, Koseart, and more.

      CHRISTENING:
      1. Website http://raub-and-more.com/raritanbap/05.html accessed 18 May 2013. "Baptisms Reformed Church Raritan (Somerville), NJ, March 8, 1699 -June 28, 1829" from the collection of the late Beulah Gangaware (circa 1930s), p. 24. Entry: 13 Jul 1735 Koeseart, Davit & Katleynte; Steynt; no sponsors listed.
      The earliest known ecclesiastical organization in Somerset County was that of the First Reformed Church of Raritan (now Somerville), originally known as the Reformed Dutch Church of Raritan. It was organized March 9, 1699. The church baptismal records are preserved from the beginning, the first three baptisms recorded being March 8, 1699, made, no doubt, by Rev. Guiliam Bertholf, of Hackensack, in whose presence, next day, the first elder and first deacon of the Raritan church were installed. Bertholf probably supplied the organization with preaching until 1717. The next known minister to officiate was the Rev. Theodorus Jacobus Frelinghuysen, who was called from Holland and arrived in 1720, becoming pastor of the four churches of Raritan, Three-Mile Run, Six-Mile Run and North Branch (Readington). June 9, 1749 Rev. Dr. Messler. The baptisms were written out in the Dutch language until 1720, when English, with some Dutch intermixed, was substituted. Some of the early entries, while admirably kept and well preserved, are exceedingly hard to decipher, owing to the unusual spellings (often greatly varied) of the proper names.

      2. Website http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~kindred/BRar1699.txt accessed 18 May 2013. Title: R D C: First Reformed Church, Raritan (Somerville) Baptisms 1699-1745. Author: Somerset County Historical Quarterly Publication: Vol. II, 1913, pgs. 38, 138, 209, and 298. Translated and compared with original records: 13 Jul 1735 Koeseart, Davit & Katleynte; Steynt